Sunday, July 19, 2009

Unknown man with cigarette


As we approached the lights at 8th Avenue and 9th Street in Park Slope, a man weaved around behind our car and appeared beside us. I lowered the window and said I would like to take his photograph. With that he took out a cigarette from the pack he was holding. Caroline likes to smoke once in a while so I took it for her.

"Do you want a light too?" he asked.

"No," Caroline said, "I'm going to keep it for later, thank you."

"What I actually wanted was to take your picture." I said as the light turned green and I had to move. "I'll pull up over there," He followed us.

I took the photograph and he said he had lived in Brooklyn all his life. I then asked him what he did and he replied, "I live, in Brooklyn." I don't think he was hard of hearing, just his way of not wanting to tell me anything.

1 comment:

  1. What? Caroline SMOKES occasionally?!? I just can't picture her with a cigarette!

    ReplyDelete