Saturday, March 27, 2010

Woman at a party

I cannot remember the occasion that I took this picture. It was almost certainly a wedding or a dance somewhere in England in the 1970s where glasses were constantly refilled, and that this woman had an unusually un-English face. I also wonder if curly hair was the fashion then or her own statement.

I remember that it was taken on Ilford 800 ISO HPS film with
a Leica. 800 ISO was comparatively high speed for those days and HPS had excellent grain structure and shadow detail.

2 comments:

  1. For those of us with hair like that, we didn't have many choices back then (blow dryers, straightening irons etc. ) of how to tame our hair so I don't know that she was trying to make a statement with her hair. However, her makeup, pose and direct look into the camera tells me she's comfortable with herself and at home in a strapless. Great honest shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They used to say that Jacky Fisher, Admiral of the Fleet, had a decidedly un-English face, and they did not say it as a compliment.

    ReplyDelete