Sunday, January 30, 2011

1920's wedding

Forty five years after my brief sojourn photographing weddings in England, I find myself at City Hall, New York City, with the daughter of a friend and her husband to be. They want a picture on the Brooklyn Bridge. I did that later, after the legal conditions were met. Here they are standing in front of the Justice of the Peace, just as the groom is being told, that now they are married, he may kiss his wife. He obeyed. In many ways this was one of the best weddings I have ever been to, or photographed. The father of the bride collected Caroline and me in his comfortable car, drove us to the city with the bride and groom, gave us a wonderful lunch and drove us back to Garrison.

1 comment:

  1. Quite the occasion! And Dick Tracy and Louise Brooks are apparently quite the stunning couple!

    ReplyDelete